Vaginal atrophy or atrophic vaginitis is a serious problem that affects a lot of women, particularly after menopause. Unfortunately, it’s also a difficult problem to talk about because women may feel embarrassed or even frightened by their symptoms. But there’s no need to feel bad or embarrassed about this very common medical condition. If you experience regular pain, discomfort or burning, painful intercourse, or a weak bladder, then talk to a trained medical professional. Because with the help of the Mona Lisa Touch treatment, you can eliminate this condition and get back your vaginal health again.
What is Vaginal Atrophy?
A lot of women experience vaginal atrophy because of low oestrogen levels. This usually occurs during or after menopause, but can also occur after giving birth, or after long periods on birth control. It may also occur in women who have had a perineal repair after childbirth and in breast cancer patients who are on anti-oestrogen medications.
A lack of oestrogen can cause the vaginal walls to become thinner, dryer and less elastic. This may result in increased inflammation, reduced blood supply to the area, and changes in the vagina’s pH levels, which can lead to more frequent infections and general ill health.
symptoms of vaginal atrophy include:
- A weak bladder or pain during urination.
- Decreased lubrication.
- Pain or bleeding during or after intercourse.*
- Burning or itching in the vagina.
- Frequent urinary tract infections (UTIs).
These symptoms can cause daily discomfort and distress for many women and until now, there have been few treatment options available.
Now, however, there is a treatment that can help.
The Mona Lisa Touch
The Mona Lisa Touch is a laser that’s specifically designed to treat vaginal atrophy. It encourages the tissues of the vagina to regenerate, increases blood flow and encourages collagen production, which improves elasticity. Essentially, it uses a precise amount of heat to encourage the cells of the vagina to regenerate and return to a more youthful state.
It might sound a little frightening to have heat applied to your vagina, but in reality this treatment is safe and painless. Most people report that it feels like a low vibration, but doesn’t get close to being painful in any way. That’s what makes it one of the best options available for treating vaginal atrophy.
When you have the Mona Lisa Touch treatment, you can experience the following:
- Tighter vaginal skin and walls.
- Any discharge will radically reduce or vanish completely.
- Increased bladder strength and decreased incontinence.
- Relief from uncomfortable symptoms such as burning or itching.
- Better elasticity and lubrication in the vagina, which will relieve any pain during intercourse.
- The appearance of your vagina will improve too, including the size and shape of the labia and the vulva.
- You will experience fewer UTIs because the treatment lowers pH levels and restores the natural balance of the vagina.
Why Should you Choose this Treatment?
If you’re sick of taking little blue pills that have side effects or creams that have to be applied for the rest of your life, then the Mona Lisa Touch may be the answer you’re looking for. This non-surgical approach will improve the health, function, and appearance of your vagina with just a few treatments. Here are some of the perks of this treatment:
- There have been a lot of research studies performed to test the safety and effectiveness of the Mona Lisa Touch, with positive results.
- It’s usually painless, though it can sting in certain areas, so you don’t have to have any anaesthetic before the treatment.
- It doesn’t usually cause any uncomfortable side effects, so you can go right back to work after your treatment.
- The procedure itself takes less than 15 minutes, so you can literally have it done during your lunch break with time to spare.
- It’s performed by trained, experienced medical professionals, so you know that it will be done right.
So don’t put up with the pain or embarrassment of vaginal atrophy any longer. Talk to our female-led team at Taylor Clinic about the Mona Lisa Touch and whether it will work for you.
At the forefront of cosmetic medicine, Sydney’s premier Taylor Clinic at Bella Vista awaits you. Contact us for more info about Mona Lisa treatment in Sydney on 1300 003 223 or click here to Book NOW.