How to undo skin damage from the Aussie sun?
Too many hours in the hot Aussie sun can, unfortunately, give you visible skin damage. If you spend even a little time outside, you should examine yourself for signs of premature aging so you can stop it in its tracks.
Classic signs of skin damage:
- Increased irregular pigmentation and fine wrinkles
- Liver spots, age spots, solar lentigines
- Sagging skin, deep wrinkles and vertical creases
- Melasma, a dark brown blemish that typically appears on the face like the cheeks, forehead, nose and chin
- Poikiloderma, or reddish-brown pigmentation usually on the neck and chest
- Solar keratoses or sun spots– scaly patches found on the ears, face and lower arms.
“Picosure Focus Lens Array is the worlds most advanced laser for photo rejuvenation”
Because sun damage not only affects your physical appearance but threatens health, it’s important to treat your skin and also see a medical professional for regular checks, new moles and changing spots.
According to the Skin Cancer Foundation, overexposure to the sun’s ultraviolet rays can cause skin cancer and precancerous solar keratosis (sun spots) over time. However, regular skin examinations and proper care can reverse signs of aging and reduce your chance of getting sick.
How to look younger? here are a few basics:
- Wear sunscreen with SPF 15 or higher.
- Exfoliate your skin to eliminate dead outer skin cells called stratum corneum.
- Use a skin lightener such as hydroxyquinone cream which can be prescribed by your doctor.
- Avoid cigarettes and eat a diet high in vitamins A, C, E which are antioxidant.
- Apply a moisturizing cream to your face and body particularly options that contain hyaluronic acid
- Invest in IPL laser treatment such as PicoSure focus lens, which promotes collagen and reduces fine lines and wrinkles.
Make your skin look and feel younger with these pro tips.
What about skin revitalization? Lasers should no longer be considered a beauty indulgence but another tool medical professionals have for skin management.
Just one treatment can take years off your skin by reversing signs of aging, making you look and feel younger. It works on various parts of the body like hands and arms as well as the face. Skin revitalization can rid you of crow’s feet, lipstick lines, smokers’ lines, facial wrinkles, frown lines for an all-around youthful appearance.
Say goodbye to fine wrinkles and opt for a more dramatic yet natural change with skin revitalization.
Visit Taylor Clinic at Bella Vista and discuss your Annual Face Plan with our team of doctors and cosmetic nurses. They can discuss which lasers can start you feeling ready for your summer skin.